Eyelet's Scraps Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Eyelet's Scraps Forum

Creative Team Forum

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evacuation possible

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Evacuation possible Empty
PostSubject: Evacuation possible   Evacuation possible Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 1:01 pm

We are keeping a close watch on Hurricane Dean and will evacuate if Florida is threatened. This is a bad one, and we'll go early before all highways become northbound only because by then it will be bumper to bumper. Hurricanes are highly unpredictable as far as landfall prediction is concerned, and I won't wait for a forecast for too long. I went through 3 of them one fall about 3 years ago, and that's enough for me! If I sort of disappear for a week or so, you'll know why! We don't have an adequate number of shelters here and it isn't comfortable living on a gymnasium floor, and sleeping on an air mattress for several days with a mass of humanity all with short tempers and bad habits! There is no food, either, so you have to take your own. We'll go to our son's house near Dallas, Texas.
Back to top Go down
scrappyS

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation possible   Evacuation possible Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 1:27 pm

Good luck. I think last I heard it was heading more towards Texas though, unless it has turned since the last time I saw the news. I have family on the gulf side in Mexico that have already taken off to stay with family on the pacific side, because it seemed the storm was going to hit where they live.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation possible   Evacuation possible Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 3:25 pm

Fully understand about taking out of there early before the roads would get packed. Our son went through one in Virginia Beach and they waited to long to leave. They couldn't find any place to stay and she was 5 months pregnant. So they ended up coming all the way to Ohio.
I hope this turns away from you and there isn't alot of damage like with Katrina. Stay safe!! ((((hugs))))
Back to top Go down
https://eyeletsscrapsdesigns.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Evacuation possible   Evacuation possible Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 3:58 pm

Stay safe. My daughter went through 3 a couple years ago in Florida - all within about a one month period. Where abouts in Florida are you? Last I heard, they were most concerned for Texas but we know how fast that can change. Thinking of you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation possible   Evacuation possible Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 4:23 pm

LindaC wrote:
Stay safe. My daughter went through 3 a couple years ago in Florida - all within about a one month period. Where abouts in Florida are you? Last I heard, they were most concerned for Texas but we know how fast that can change. Thinking of you.

We're in north central Florida; a small city named Ocala, which is an hour's drive from either coast. At hurricane speed, the distance is quite short, lol! Frances blessed us 120 mph wind, did lots of damage here, and that is nothing compared to Dean if it goes to category 5. Katrina was only a cat 3. DH spent 9 months on a FEMA contract in New Orleans helping with that disaster.

I know it is supposed to go to Texas, but no one tells the hurricane that, lol! It will go wherever it will go, and I don't plan to be in its way.
I have great respect for the forces of nature, and I'm too old to run fast!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evacuation possible   Evacuation possible Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evacuation possible
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eyelet's Scraps Forum :: Chatter :: Anything you want to Discuss-
Jump to: